Monday, June 14, 2010

Friday 11th June Pigeon Forge

Lorenzo here…First thing we did was wait in a long line just to see Dollys old bus/ RV … when we got in it was more better than our one I have to say, she had a huge make up room which is crazy and the comfiest looking bed. Did you know that Dolly Partons bus can drive from Nashville to LA non stop and she did that lots of times. We went to see a dancing , singing show with people doing lots of flippy, floppy flops which makes me want to take up gymnastics. We saw lots of country singing people that was related to Dolly. My favourite thing was Adventure Mountain, its where you get attached to a rope and you walk around lots of difficult obstacles really high up, I got wet from the geyser. It wasn’t scary for me, but I saw one big girl and she was really scared. My second favourite was the River Battle because you get drenched. Then I got Dippin Dots as a treat as we left. I had a fun day, it wasn’t as good as Hersheys or Disney but it was still cool.
Thomas here… The bus was quite boring, all you did was just walk in, you weren’t allowed to touch anything. We cruised around on the old train, the whistle wasn’t as loud as I thought it would be (I was blocking my ears). Dollys cousins and Uncle were singing on stage and they were really good. Lunch got a plate that we will keep because it has a cool picture on it. The best thing in the whole Dollywood was the boat thing where you splashed water on each other with water guns, I got so wet afterwards that Daddy and me had to take off our shirts and squeeze them. Dad and me did it first and we pretended to Mum, not to get wet. When she went for the first time, Dad and I squirted Mum, Lauren and Olivia until they were really wet. I did it the most of the whole family, I wanted to keep doing it but Dad and Mum said it was time to go.
Olivia Here … My best thing was the water squirt, you have to hit the arrows and you get squirted also the people on the outside and inside are all trying to squirt me while I am trying to squirt them. We all got really wet but didn’t matter because we were really hot. I did it with Thomas 4 times. I did an obstacle thing where a rope is attached to me, where if you fall down, you don’t really. There was one rope that I got stuck on and I had to do the harder way and Lauren helped me. We went on a big train and I didn’t like the smoke in my eyes.

1 comment:

  1. wow you guys sure have had your fair share of Dolly eh! and it sounds like there has been no shortage of theme parks and different ways to get yourselves wet! i'll have you know that it's the middle of winter and freezing here so that will shortly be a shock to your systems! it sounds like dolly's RV is a bit better than the old battlestar eh!
    by my calculations is's only 172 miles back to Cumming which must mean it's really close to the end of your adventure. i'll try and catch you on the web cam from Paul & Jo's if poss. safe travels!

    ReplyDelete