Sunday, June 6, 2010

Wednesday 3rd June 2010 Lewisburg, West Virginia - Natural Bridge Virginia

After waking in the Wal-Mart car parks I quite often get my best friend out,…….. Yes my GPS and type in attractions around my current destination. Closest to us today was an old stone church and a museum and only a couple of miles away. What a find, this town is so beautiful, It has been named one of the 100 best small towns in USA and you can see why its Fab-u-lous . This town is full of many well preserved Historical beautiful buildings, one of which was the 1769 Old Stone Presbyterian Church that we did go into. We had a guided tour around North House Museum which showcased the immaculately restored house and the finest examples of early Virginia furnishings and the history of West Virginia and the civil war. The tour was very good but the tour guide did draw it out a little too long. We walked to the fantastic boutiques and antique shops where Geoff bought an old Coca Cola Sign? The whole area is preserved, there is no Mc Donalds or other takaway chains aloud around here which is a pleasant change.
Hi it’s Lauren. We arrived at the Yogi Bear campground and it was so hot we went for a swim straight away. After dinner we were cooking marshmallows over the camp fire and I Lauren Milliken spotted fireflies. I have also spotted a raccoon, snake and a rare 4 leaf clover and now fireflies! (We have seen lots of squirrels too.)There glow went on and off and one went behind mums head. That was fun. The animal spotter will be back. Lauren
Hi it’s Olivia. I saw fireflies. They glow in the dark. The internet says there are over 2,000 firefly species and they glow to try and attract a mate. It was glowing and then stopped on and off. That was my first time I have seen fireflies in my whole life. That was fun. By Olivia


1 comment:

  1. "The intrepid journey " , is this the new unofficial reality show ?
    Awesome Trip guys ,great photo's ,Love the stories & snipets .
    Have you got the wipers working on the RV yet ?
    I'm just going back to the roller coaster video from earlier on ..........I'm sure I can hear Geoff screaming in the backround .
    Cheers Dave .
    "Go the Millikens !"

    ReplyDelete