Sunday, May 16, 2010

Monday 10th May 2010, Easton Pennsylvania – New York, New Jersey.

I need a decent coffee. Many of you will know that I love my lattes. Well I have only had one sort of good coffee since I have been here. It is very sad and I am becoming very desperate. Geoff got me all exited the other day in central Washington DC…..Not for reasons you are thinking. He said there was a Starbucks (the only place you can get a good coffee around these parts), so we walk in, by then I’m very excited, weak at the knees and nearly drooling at the mouth,…….. until I find that they only had heated hot coffee sort of instant coffee or iced coffee WHAT PLANET ARE THEY ON????????????????????Starbucks. Another odd thing is in many parts you have to go to the gas station for beer (which sells beer but no milk), wine at a liquor outlet (which does not sell beer) and other drinks from the supermarket (which does not sell beer or wine)? Got it Anyway we are off to NEW YORK, NEW YORK ……...yippee. We had a bit of a slow start this morning, hitting the road later than normal. It was enjoyable cruising through the narrow but idyllic Easton countryside Streets, which have lovely stone walls bridges and homes. We got into New York about 4pm and were pleasantly surprised at how central the RV campground was, it was right on the harbor overlooking the statue of liberty. We decided to take the subway into central New York, sort of get our bearings and sort out the subway system here. I warmed to NY very quickly, it’s a fantastic place, the sounds, lights, smells and different cultures are fantastic. The first thing you notice is the huge police presence on the streets, at any time you can see two police officers near you. We went into Macy’s to get a jersey as it is very cold which they say is not normal for this time of year. Then went to Toys R Us (which was amazing feels like a theme park) to get a birthday present for Thomas’s Birthday tomorrow. Looking forward to the next few days.

1 comment:

  1. Hi guys
    I can't believe what an awesome trip you are having. You have visited so many cool places it makes me want to travel even more. I just have to convince the old boy. These Millikens are all not so good at the moment suffering from a virus. Steve and Nicole were both at home when I left this morning feeling very poorly. Then I started to feel really unwell at work so had to come home. I haven't got it as bad as they do because I am such a health nut I never go down that badly - strong immune system.It horrible weather here with lots of flooding around the country. Well keep up the good job of posting what you have been doing it is really interesting for those of us stuck back in little old NZ.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete