Saturday, May 1, 2010

Tuesday 27th April 2010 Disney World Florida-Cape Canaveral (Space Center) –Brunswick, Georgia.







Well that all folks? Yes we are leaving Disney World
After a very busy few days we had another very busy one today, not getting into Brunswick till 2am. We did stop in Jacksonville Wal-Mart for the night but I did not like the looks of the place at all. Geoff talked to the security guard; he said that he would keep an eye on us Geoff said that it would be OK. Yeah right I was not going to stay there unless there was an army surrounding the RV with automatic rifles. So off we went till we got to Brunswick in Georgia. As you can imagine I was tired and just a little short tempered??

Here is Olivia to give you her fantastic opinion on the J F Kennedy Space Center. I liked the rockets…… Well thank you Olivia for your in-depth discussion??? She must be tired.
Thomas here. I liked hearing from the real astronaut, He has been up in space five times,and he is still alive? Some of his astronaut friends have died going into space. Dad asked, “what was the most times someone went into space” It was 7 times, the astronaut thought it was a good question.

Hi it’s the fabulous Lauren back again. I liked meeting the astronaut and I asked him how you go to the toilet on the space shuttle. I also got a metal teddy key chain saying NASA on the front it’s very special to me. We went on a tour as well. The best bit for me was flying a plane (on a TV screen of course.) There were lots of planes and space shuttles there. I had lots of fun that day. Hi all my fans back in NZ. Bye, by the fabulous Lauren.

Hi Captain Geoffs turn… Kennedy Space Center was a BLAST (like the pun)… The bus tour took us out to view the launch site another shuttle (the last apparently) is in place and due for launch in 2 weeks. The share size and amazing sense of achievement of human can-do is really impressive… The NASA motto… impossible is nothing sums it up.

1 comment:

  1. good posting you Millikens - awesome to hear your travels are going well. so many of the same photos I have, just a different family in them! interesting to hear of the dodgy walmart in jacksonville - i always had my radar out but never felt unsafe at any of our potential overnight stops. luck of the draw eh! my guess is next stop charleston... so enjoy visiting the yorktown!

    ReplyDelete