Monday, May 24, 2010

Thursday 20th May, Ottawa - Cobourg Ontario

Bernise…..Well I’m the navigator on this road trip and boy did I do well, last night navigating us to Walmart which happened to be right next to clothing outlet stores that we stayed last night. FANTASTIC? So of course we did a short shopping trip there and then headed for our next destination the National Canadian Science Technology Museum.
Lauren….I liked the funky kitchen which had striped walls, doors and checkered floors on funny angles, it felt really strange. I also liked the snowmobile that has a TV screen so it feels like you are really driving it. We also steered a ship around icebergs on a screen, we had to drive to the finish line without hitting the icebergs above or under the water. I called Olivia from a old phone to a new phone and it worked. I had a lot of fun and learnt a lot.
Olivia… It is very hard to choose a favorite because everything was so cool. I did go on an old bike but the peddles were too far away. And everything else was cool.
Thomas….I liked the trains, they were so big the wheels were double my size, the fastest steam train went 168kmh and mommy liked them the best too. I like the electrical section as well.

Geoff…Ottawa being the capital of course has to have a Parliament house, unlike our Beehive, Ottawa’s is super old and super impressive, 3 massive old castle type structures in a row, all with copper roofs that have turned green just like the statue of liberty. Built in Queen Victoria’s reign (1867 to be exact) it has been restored to immaculate condition, partly because a huge fire went through in 1916 (I bet that insurance companys premiums went up). We did the tour and the narration bored the kids but was pretty interesting for us more mature types, they have a lower house with 308 elected members but also an upper house of 105 Senators who I reckon have a cruisey set up all elected from within their own matey ranks. Anyway as you can Imagine 413 Politicians is a lot and they fill up this working building that we were in to busting point. The Centre Block Parliament building also has a tower of London type clock at the front, at the end of the tour we visited the top which is above the clock and bells which gives an amazing view of the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment